Gosh, we have a blog? Who knew. It’s been so long since I updated and so much has gone on.
Firstly, we spent three weeks
enjoying bemoaning Andy and Sam’s absence as they were off with a team on a missions trip in India with Multiply Christian Network. They had three weeks of teaching English and visiting various ministries: watch the India video diaries here.
Continue reading “From India to Abington: Three Projects of Prayer, Mission and Justice”
We find ourselves very busy.
As busyness goes, it’s a good kind of busy. Our social circles have widened and with them so have the range of invites, weekly options and activities going on hither and thither.
Continue reading “Too busy doing church to do kingdom”
Have you ever heard of someone “doing a Luke 10”? They’ve become a bit of a thing in our circles over the last few years.
In Luke 10
we read how Jesus paired up 72 of his followers and gave them some specific instructions. He told them:
- Ask the “chief farmer” to send workers out into the “harvest”, then go.
- Don’t take extra stuff, whether a purse, bag or sandals. Don’t spend time chatting to everyone passing by.
- If you find people of peace and hospitality, bless them.
- Eat whatever you’re given.
- Heal their sick people and tell them the kingdom of God has arrived in town.
- If people reject you, move on.
Continue reading “Accidentally Luke Tenning it in Winchester”
Michael Frost told a story of one megachurch that padded out a team with millions of dollars and sent them to a slum in India. The team flew over and swept in triumphantly, gathering the residents to tell them the glad tidings of their arrival and what they were planning to do.
Continue reading “Don’t just do something, sit there”